If an organisation is to achieve its aims in the area of Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) it is vital that the Management clearly sets the responsibilities and authorities of people involved and all persons are clear about their roles. Sadly, in our experience the OH&S responsibility often develops simply in response to random events, in times of stress, without any real, objective planning about the real needs of the organisation. We don’t believe that this needs to happen. We will solve this problem by Independently:
- Identifying the current resources with OH&S responsibilities, their roles, and their interaction with the rest of the organisation.
- Reviewing the operation and activities of any health and safety committee and its interactions with the rest of the organisation.
- Involving as much of the organisation as possible, but particularly the key stakeholders in establishing a view to the future.
- Identifying and reporting on the strengths and weaknesses of the current roles and structures in the operation of the OH&S function.
- Providing recommendations, where appropriate, for the redefinition of OH&S roles streamlining the approach taken to provide a seamless management approach.
Alternative, we can manage the processes externally for you, whilst ensuring the proper involvement of your staff.