Types of Internal Audits
Safety Systems Internal Audits
Internal audit is a process that supports organisations to achieve their objectives. Internal auditing includes evaluating and improving the effectiveness of the management system. Internal auditing is done in fields like:
- Quality Management System
- Occupational Health and Safety Management
- Environmental Management System
- Food Safety Management System
What is the Difference Between Internal and External Audit?
Internal audit is often confused with external audit (3rd party audits). However, there are significant differences between the two. External auditors focus on the conformance of systems within an organisation to provide specific standards like:
- ISO 9001Â Quality Management System
- OHSAS 18001Â Occupational Health and Safety Management System
- ISO 22001Â Food Safety Management System
- AS 4801Â Occupational Health and Safety Management System
- ISO 14001Â Environmental Management System
Internal audit, as the name reflects, is conducted internally and the internal audit results are handed to the management for follow up and to focus on constant improvement. Moreover, it helps to have a comprehensive analysis on areas of improvement, before external auditing and certification process take place.
Anitech Consulting help organisations to conduct quality internal auditing and assist in identifying the gaps in the management systems and recognize the hidden opportunities for improvements on a periodic basis. Feel free to contact us to find out more.
We have our team of specialist quality consultants, OHS Consultants, environmental consultants and food Safety consultants who can provide you with objective evaluation of your businesses management systems. You can rely on us for internal auditing, if your organisation is striving for excellence.